All PA Members that wrote the PA Membership exam have until Dec 31, 2018 to apply for certification to have their former exam honored (and therefore be excused from writing the certification exam).
The deadline for PA Master's grads to write the exam moving forward, that applies only to those that have not yet written the PA Section Membership exam, is 3 years following their graduation date.
The Canadian Certification Council of Pathologists’ Assistants (CCCPA-CCCAP) is pleased to announce that Canadian Pathologists’ Assistants may now apply for certification via the CCCPA-CCCAP, effective immediately.
To apply, complete the application package found at: http://www.cap-acp.org/CCCPA_Applicant_Documents.php
Forward the completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certification fee - $550.00 (exam included)
The exam will be available at each institution that offers a qualified Pathologists’ Assistants Master’s Program following the graduation date of the PA Master’s students. It will also be available on a yearly basis (with limited seatings) at:
- The Ontario Association of Pathologists’ Annual Meeting (mid-September)
- The Annual Residents’ Review Course (January)
- The CAP-ACP Pathologists’ Assistant Section Annual Meeting (June or July)
- The Banff Pathology Course (September long weekend)
The exam will be made available at the Events & Management Plus Inc (EM+) office in Kingston, Ontario for a date that is agreed upon by the applicant and EM+.
All PA Section members that became members following the 2014 AGM must re-submit their application to the CCCPA-CCCAP to obtain certification. Those Members that passed the exam are not required to re-write the exam.
For more information, please see the CCCPA-CCCAP Document Library.
CCCPA Executive and Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer: Danielle Lee - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Chief Operating Officer: Amanda Chan - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Chief Financial Officer: Dr. Catherine Ross MD FRCPC - Pathologist
- Director of Exam: Lance Fuczek - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Director: Dr. Carolyn O’Hara MD FRCPC - Pathologist
- Director: Dr. Rosemary Henderson MD FRCP - Pathologist
CCCPA Document Library:
- Annual Forms
- Statements, Policies & Bylaws
- Applicant Documents
- Assessment and Recertification Process
- Certified Pathologists' Assistants