The Canadian Certification Council of Pathologists’ Assistants (CCCPA-CCCAP) is pleased to announce that Canadian Pathologists’ Assistants may now apply for certification via the CCCPA-CCCAP, effective immediately.
To apply, complete the application package found at: http://www.cap-acp.org/CCCPA_Applicant_Documents.php
Forward the completed application to: email@example.com
Certification fee - $550.00 (exam included)
The exam will be available at each institution that offers a qualified Pathologists’ Assistants Master’s Program following the graduation date of the PA Master’s students. It will also be available on a yearly basis (with limited seatings) at:
- The Ontario Association of Pathologists’ Annual Meeting (mid-September)
- The Annual Residents’ Review Course (January)
- The CAP-ACP Pathologists’ Assistant Section Annual Meeting (June or July)
- The Banff Pathology Course (September long weekend)
The exam will be made available at the Events & Management Plus Inc (EM+) office in Kingston, Ontario for a date that is agreed upon by the applicant and EM+.
All PA Section members that became members following the 2014 AGM must re-submit their application to the CCCPA-CCCAP to obtain certification. Those Members that passed the exam are not required to re-write the exam.
For more information, please see the CCCPA-CCCAP Document Library.
CCCPA Executive and Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer: Danielle Lee - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Chief Operating Officer: Amanda Chan - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Chief Financial Officer: Dr. Catherine Ross MD FRCPC - Pathologist
- Director of Exam: Lance Fuczek - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Initial Applications Review Committee Chair: Sanowar Hossain - Pathologists' Assistant
- Applicant Appeals Committee Chair: Sarah James - Pathologists' Assistant
- Director: Dr. Rosemary Henderson MD FRCP - Pathologist
CCCPA Document Library:
- Annual Forms
- Statements, Policies & Bylaws
- Applicant Documents
- Assessment and Recertification Process