Section of Evidence Based Medicine (EBM)
The section of Evidence Based Medicine will adopt and disseminate evidence based medicine methods and practices into diagnostic pathology, and related clinico-pathologic and translational research .
Goals and Objectives
- Advocate for Evidence Based practices both within the Canadian Association of Pathologists/Association Canadienne des Pathologistes (CAP-ACP) and with external organizations including the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Strengthen pathology practice in Canada, and improve patient and societal outcomes, by providing the means to assess and integrate best evidence with professional expertise.
- Provide CAP-wide forum for evidence based medicine learning, presentation of research, exchange of ideas, and discussion of issues unique to pathology.
- Promote formal CME and post-graduate training in Evidence Based Medicine methods that are directly applicable to pathology, such as diagnostic accuracy, predictive and prognostic markers evaluation.
The ordinary members of the CAP-ACP listed below propose the creation of a Section of Evidence Based Medicine at the Canadian Association of Pathologists/Association Canadienne des Pathologistes.
The proposed executive officers for the Section of Evidence Based Medicine are:
- Chair: Nicholas Myles
- Vice-Chair: Alice Lytwyn
- Secretary: Miranda Schell
Founding Members (written support obtained by signature and e-mail)
- Michael Bonert – McMaster University
- David Driman – Western University
- Gabor Fischer – University of Manitoba
- James Fergall Magee – University of Saskatoon
- Avrum Ostry - University of British Columbia
- Snezana Popovic- McMaster University
- Catherine Ross - McMaster University
- Michael Seidman - University of British Columbia
- Monalisa Sur - McMaster University
- Dominique Trudel – Université de Montréal
- Dmitry Turbin - University of British Columbia
- Wei Xiong - University of British Columbia
- Viktor Zherebitsky – University of Manitoba