ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
Year Created: 1990
Chair: Dr. Martin Trotter, Past-President (Vancouver, BC)
Purpose: This Committee is responsible for the timely coordination and upgrading of the CAP-ACP Awards program as indicated in the Awards Manual.
- Immediate Past-President of the CAP-ACP (Chair) - Martin Trotter
- Chair (or representative) of the Local Organizing Committee for the next Annual Meeting - Rosemary Henderson
- Chair of the Resource Development Committee - Martin Trotter
- Chair (or representative) of the Section of Advanced Diagnostics - George Yousef
- Members At Large - Allam Shawwa, Penny Barnes, Bruce Burns
- Representative of the Archives Special Committee - Laurette Geldenhuys
- President of the Canadian Association of Pathologists (ex officio) - Victor Tron
Terms of Reference:
The Awards Committee, in consultation with the CAP-ACP Executive, Council, Annual Meetings Committee and the membership at large is responsible for recommending candidates for the various CAP-ACP awards.
- The Awards Committee is responsible for ensuring that a protocol for each award is documented in the Awards Manual.
- The Awards Committee will ensure that the protocol for each award is followed.
- The Awards Committee will review the Awards Manual each year and recommend any changes to the CAP-ACP Executive.
- The Awards Manual, protocols and the annual budget for awards shall be approved by the Executive.
- The Awards Committee may be asked to submit nominations for Awards to other Societies as requested.
Please join us in congratulating the following 2015 CAP-ACP Award Recipients recognized at the 66th Annual Meeting of the CAP-ACP.
The Donald W. Penner Awards – Elena Diana Salagean, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON & Livia Florianova, McGill University, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC
Hematological Pathology Award – Tariq Roshan, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON
Chairs of Pathology Award in Experimental Pathology – Sarah Strickland, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON
The Dr. Donald Rix Award for Resident Travel – Jeremy Daniels, McMaster University Hamilton, ON
The Andrew Herzenberg Award – Tiffany Shao, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
The Medical Technologist/Technician Award for CPD – Vidya Beharry, St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, ON
President’s Award - Raymond Maung, Royal Inland Hospital, Kamloops, BC
Leadership in Education Award – David Driman, London Health Sciences Centre, London, ON
CAP-ACP Student Award – Peter Yousef, St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, ON
Award for Leadership in Patient Safety and Quality Assurance – John Srigley, Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, ON
Hugh Curry Cytopathology Award – Ipshita Kak, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Local Organizing Award - Jason Karamchandani, McGill University, Montreal, ON
Please join us in congratulating the following 2014 CAP-ACP Award Recipients recognized at the 65th Annual Meeting of the CAP-ACP.
William Boyd Lectureship - Michael Allard, "A Change of Heart: Metabolic Remodeling in Cardiac Hypertrophy", University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Junior Scientist Award - Dominique Trudel, “A Two-stage, Single-arm, Phase II Study of EGCG-enriched Green Tea Drink as a Maintenance Therapy in Women with Advanced Stage Ovarian Cancer: This Started from Tissue”, University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON
The Donald W. Penner Awards - Carlo V Hojilla, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON & Aleksandra Paliga, Ottawa Hospital Ottawa, ON
Hematological Pathology Award - Aisling O'Meara, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Chairs of Pathology Award in Experimental Pathology - Lik Hang Lee, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
The Dr. Donald Rix Award for Resident Travel - Sherine Salama, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON
The Andrew Herzenberg Award - Namita Sinha, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
The CAP-ACP Distinguished Service Award - Laurette Geldenhuys, QE II Health Sciences Centre & Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
The Medical Technologist/Technician Award for CPD - Patrice Bouliane, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON
Lloyd A. Kennedy Pathologists’ Assistants Award - Danielle Lee, Covenant Healthcare, Edmonton, AB
President’s Award - John Srigley, Trillium Health Partners, Credit Valley Hospital Site, Mississauga, ON
Leadership in Education Award - Vina Alexopoulou, McMaster University Medical Centre, Hamilton, ON,
CAP-ACP Student Award (New Award in 2014) - Roy Nofech Mozes, St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, ON
Pathologist Assistants Poster Award (New Award in 2014) - Rebecca Mantha, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
Award for Leadership in Patient Safety and Quality Assurance - Emina Torlakovic, University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON