Posting Date:Thu, 02 Feb 2017
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: 3935 Kincaid Street
City: Burnaby, British Columbia
Burnaby Hospital and the Regional Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology are seeking a General Pathologist.
Burnaby Hospital is a 300 bed community hospital with an active and growing oncology service. We have a busy anatomic and hematologic pathology / transfusion medicine laboratory practice with approximately 14,000 surgical specimens and 170 bone marrow biopsies per year. Limited clinical chemistry service is provided locally. Microbiology and autopsy services are centralized within Fraser Health and no longer provided at our site.
Laboratory services at Burnaby Hospital are provided by Burnaby Hospital Pathology Associates, a small collegial group of 4 general pathologists.
The successful candidate will:
- be qualified and competent in the practice of general surgical pathology, including anatomic pathology, hematopathology, including transfusion medicine, and the practice of bone marrow biopsy procurement and interpretation
- have excellent interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively within the laboratory and hospital.
- participate in MOCAP compensated On Call service.
- be available to commence practice July 1, 2017.
- FRCPC General Pathology.
- Eligible for full licensure to practice General Pathology in British Columbia.
- Qualified candidates taking their fellowship exams in 2017 will be considered, pending successful completion of examination.
- Commensurate with British Columbia Ministry of Health grid levels.
- Negotiable vacation (minimum 6 weeks vacation plus 2 weeks educational leave; more vacation time possible).
Please submit application forms or queries to:
Physician Recruitment: email@example.com
Inquiries may be directed to the below contact:
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Dr. Rael Gillen, Local Department Head, Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
Contact Address: 3935 Kincaid Street, Burnaby, British Columbia V5G 2X6
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org