Posting Date:Fri, 17 Feb 2017
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
City: Burnaby, British Columbia
As British Columbia's largest independent provider of community clinical laboratory and related services, we are committed to improving the health and wellness of people through our expertise in laboratory medicine and strong customer relations.
For over 50 years, BC Physicians have relied on our full range of testing and information services to help predict and diagnose disease, determine treatment, and monitor the effectiveness of therapy. Every day we provide our clinical laboratory services to more than 20,000 patients in communities across the province.
LifeLabs is currently seeking a full-time Hematopathologist with strong clinical skills to join our growing multidisciplinary Medical Scientific Team in BC. LifeLabs' facilities are also affiliated with UBC Faculty of Medicine as teaching sites. Medical students and Hematopathology residents from UBC post graduate training programs rotate through our laboratories offering opportunities to teach and supervise research projects. Candidates would be eligible for appropriate UBC clinical faculty appointments.
The position is based out of our state-of the-art-facility on Canada's west coast in the city of Burnaby, BC. To be included in external postings only - BC is the westernmost province in Canada, bordered by the rugged and spectacular Pacific coast to the west and on the northwest by the U.S. state of Alaska, directly north by the Yukon and Northwest Territories, Alberta to the east, and by the states of Washington, Idaho, and Montana to the south. British Columbia is known as Canada's outdoor playground, offering year-round outdoor adventure such as river rafting, world class skiing, kayaking, and camping.
- Provide hematology consultive services to BC's community based physicians and participate in identifying and implementing new developments in the discipline
- Work closely with partners and colleagues in communities and regions throughout BC such as health authorities, the BC Lab Agency for research and lab governance
- Provide the opportunity for supervision and teaching of trainees
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Hematopathologist with diverse diagnostic expertise in specialized coagulation testing, thrombophilia testing, molecular hematology studies, morphology, hemoglobinopathy investigation, and immunohematology
- Experience with and interest in leadership opportunities is considered an asset and strong interpersonal skills is essential.
- Minimum requirements include MD degree, certification in hematological pathology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or equivalent and eligibility for registration with the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons
- The successful candidate will join a collegial Medical Scientific Department with a strong culture of leadership and collaboration
Click here to apply for this position online.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job: