Posting Date:Tue, 02 May 2017
Date to Apply By: 15 May 2017
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: 980 Oliver Road
City: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Ref# 17 OPSEU 25R2
1 Full Time - Pathology Assistant
Clinical Laboratories - Pathology
Reporting to the Coordinator Pathology, the Assistant will be responsible for the gross description and tissue preparation of designated surgical specimen and biopsies for pathology processing.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Pathologists’ Assistant Master’s Program (MSc) or equivalent
- Certified with the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or the Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP) as Pathologist Assistant
- 3 5 years recent experience as a Pathology Assistant.
- Mentor and assist with training of new staff and students.
- Knowledge of voice dictation systems e.g. Dragon Software.
- Ability to gross a variety of complex surgical specimens.
- Ability to assist in the performance of Autopsy procedures and/or other morgue duties.
- Excellent organizational skills with flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g. Meditech software).
The Health Sciences Centre strives to ensure the safety and security of the patients, visitors, employees and assets financial and otherwise. As one tool in the recruitment screening process, all offers of employment to external candidates shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (CRC) to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
The Health Sciences Centre (HSC) is committed to delivering healthcare in a manner that is consistent with Patient and Family Centred Care. Applicants are required to have a demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to this care philosophy.
Candidates will have demonstrated adherence to the Hospital's Code of Conduct. Regular attendance at work is imperative, therefore, all applicants will have to demonstrate a good attendance record to be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. Additionally we are identified as an English/French speaking health sciences centre and encourage bilingual candidates to apply.
If there are no qualified applicants for the above position, the Hospital may, at their discretion, train unqualified individuals.
Interested applicants should submit a resume outlining relative previous experience and training no later than 1630 hours on Monday May 15, 2017.
Internal applicants may apply via Internal Transfer Form, the job posting page on the iNtranet or, to the
External applicants must apply through our website: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/tbrhsc.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Address: 980 Oliver Rd, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6V4