Posting Date:Fri, 30 Jun 2017
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: 15 Aug 2017
Address: 16 Garfield Street
One-year LOCUM opportunity – Pathologist
Health PEI, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Prince Edward Island offers you:
lowest housing costs in the country,
a short commute to work,
a healthy and safe environment for families,
COME LIVE ISLAND STYLE
Looking for a new and exciting career opportunity? Why not spend some time in beautiful Prince Edward Island (PEI) for a change of pace and lifestyle? If you have never visited the Island, now is your chance—and if you have experienced all that the Island has to offer, we look forward to welcoming you back!
Here in Prince Edward Island, your work will make a difference in the lives of Island families and their communities. You will find challenging work opportunities where you can put your health care experience and education to the test and deliver top quality care for Prince Edward Island residents.
PEI’s health care system is recognized for its integrated community and collaborative based care, and its province-wide, “One Island Health System.”
One of PEI's greatest assets is its people. Prince Edward Island residents are known as being some of the friendliest people in Canada. And, PEI health care providers are known for their tremendous, everyday efforts to provide quality, safe, and appropriate care for all Islanders.
Our collaborative health care teams may include family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, diabetes educators, community registered dietitians, and clerical staff.
Currently, Health PEI is seeking a PATHOLOGIST for a one-year LOCUM opportunity (part-time or full-time) to support a group of 5.0 FTE Pathologists, providing predominately anatomic pathology services. The position is based out of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown, PEI. The Physician will also provide some services (one week out of five) at Prince County Hospital in Summerside.
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours/week for full-time; part-time depending on availability.
- The physician shall participate in an on-call schedule according to the Department of Laboratory Services’ call schedule. Performing autopsies would be an asset but is not mandatory.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of licensing fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI and the Medical Society of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May, up to a maximum of $7,500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
- Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
Dr. Kristen Mead
Medical Director, Provincial Laboratory Services
email@example.com (902) 894-2316
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
firstname.lastname@example.org (902) 368-6302
*Contact the Physician Recruitment Coordinator if interested, or visit http://www.healthjobspei.ca/ for further details.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Sheila MacLean
Contact Address: PO Box 2000
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (902) 368-6302
Contact Fax: (902) 620-3875