Posting Date:Fri, 14 Jul 2017
Date to Apply By: 31 Aug 2017
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: 608-1081 Burrard Street
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS The B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (“BC-CfE”) is dedicated to improving the health of British Columbians with HIV through the development, ongoing monitoring and dissemination of comprehensive research and treatment programs for HIV and related diseases.
The Centre is a key provincial resource, serving all health authorities, regions, and citizens of B.C. The Centre places the disease under the microscope, provides care and treatment to those infected, educates doctors and healthcare professionals throughout the province, and promotes evidence-based social policy that helps protect people from acquiring the virus.
To learn more, please visit the BC-CfE’s website.
Director, Clinical Research Laboratory The Director of the BC-CfE Clinical Research Laboratory is accountable for all aspects of the laboratory services and is a key bridge between laboratory operations and clinical practice. The laboratory is a DAP and CAP accredited clinical service operation providing HIV genotype drug resistance testing and other personalized viral medicine testing across Canada. The Research Laboratory performs cutting-edge research in precision medicine of infectious diseases, molecular epidemiology, bioinformatics, and viral dynamics with the goal of improving health of HIV-infected individuals in BC, nationally, and globally. The Director provides leadership in developing and implementing the program’s strategy and research plan in conjunction with the BC-CfE strategic plan and in collaboration with other research institutes, regional, national, and international funding bodies. The laboratory Director must have a broad knowledge of clinical medicine, molecular diagnostics and epidemiology, basic medical science, clinical laboratory science, laboratory operations, and quality management systems. Knowledge of and skills in HIV clinical virology, bioinformatics, data analysis, business and staff management are assets.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or Dr.P.H.) and an active research agenda in laboratory research;
- Have extensive academic and/or industry experience in laboratory research and publications;
- Supervisory experience in a complex organization;
- 7-10 years’ experience as an Investigator and/or equivalent, such as Associate Professor;
- Success in securing peer-reviewed grant funding as a Principal Investigator, including competing for renewal of previously funding projects;
- Demonstrated record of leadership in research and scholarship, and the development of research programs; and
- Participated in national and international expert panels and grant review committees.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed at: http://ow.ly/787z30dDzPz
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Leo McPeak or Greg Longster
Contact Address: #880 – 609 Granville Street Vancouver, BC
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 688-8422