PATHOLOGISTS' ASSISTANTS SECTION
Pathologists' Assistants Section Workspace (for Section members only)
PATHOLOGISTS' ASSISTANTS CONFERENCE 2014
The PA Section Conference this year will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Toronto, ON on July 12 and 13 2014. The program and registration instructions are posted here. Please make every attempt to join us this year as we will be having important discussions re: certification.
ABOUT THE SECTION
Year Created: 2006
Chair: Danielle Lee
Vernon Jubilee Hospital
Vice-chair: Steven Joy
Secretary: Sarah James
Treasurer: Ronald Brereton
Past Chair: Lance Fuczek
The Section of Pathologists' Assistants within the Canadian Association of Pathologists is dedicated to establishing standards of professional ethics, education, and key competencies leading to national certification of Pathologists' Assistants. We promote and support excellent standards of practice, to ensure the highest quality of patient care in anatomic pathology.
Core Compentencies - Download PDF Version
In accordance with: NEW PA Section Bylaws Amended 2013
Letters from Executive:
Chair: Lance Fuczek
Grace General Hospital
University of Manitoba
Chair: Steven Joy
University of Alberta Hospital
Function: The Membership Committee is responsible to: itemize core competencies for pathologists' assistants, propose a plan to "grandfather" current practicing pathologists' assistants, develop a set of criteria for membership and to increase recruitment of currently practicing pathologists' assistants.
Chair: Martin Grealish
University Health Network
Function: The Education Committee is responsible to look into continuing education requirements for section members, to obtain information on existing and developing PA programs in Canada.
Annual General Meeting and Conference Committee:
Chair: Sarah James
University Health Network
Function: The AGM and Conference Committee is responsible to make the arrangements for the annual general meeting conference.
Chair: Alan Wolff
Lakeridge Health, Oshawa, ON
Function: Author and adapt content for the CAP PA Section Website.
CURRENT PROJECTS / INITIATIVES
- Elaboration of CAP PA Section Website content
PAST PROJECTS / INITIATIVES
- Minutes from 2013 AGM
- 2013 Executive Committee Presentation 2013 AGM
- CAP-ACP PA Section Education Committee
- CAP-ACP PA Section Survey Results 2013
- Minutes from 2010 AGM
- QMP Expert Panel Pathologists' Assistants EoI
- CAP Section of Pathologists' Assistants 6th Annual Meeting, was held July 22 in conjunction with the CAP 2012 Annual Conference in Calgary,AB
- CAP Section of Pathologists' Assistants 5th Annual Meeting, was held in conjunction with the joint meeting with CAP-ACP and the Canadian Society of Clinical Chemists (CSCC) on Saturday June 4 - Sunday June 5, 2011 - Vancouver, BC
- CAP Section of Pathologists' Assistants 4th Annual Meeting, was held in conjunction with the CAP 2010 Annual Conference in Montreal, QC
CAP Section of Pathologists' Assistants 3rd Annual Meeting - Saturday, July 11 and Sunday, July 12, 2009.
Was held in conjunction with the CAP 2009 Annual Conference in Halifax, NS
2007 Member Survey Results 32kb
Data collected by survey from section members at the 1st Annual Meeting of the CAP Pathologist' Assistants Section.
- PA Update, University Health Network in Toronto, 2006 November 18
- Resources List 267kb
- David Grynspan MD, CHEO, and University of Ottawa - Online teaching modules for path trainees (and staff)
- Membership Exam Study Guide 203kb
Lee, Danielle - PA Certification Poster
- Updated June 2013 -