The Canadian Certification Council of Pathologists’ Assistants (CCCPA-CCCAP) is pleased to announce that Canadian Pathologists’ Assistants may now apply for certification via the CCCPA-CCCAP, effective immediately.
To apply, complete the application package found at: http://www.cap-acp.org/CCCPA_Applicant_Documents.php
Forward the completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certification fee - Non-Refundable Certification fee - $550.00 (No extra charge to sit an exam - if one is required)
The exam may be available at each institution that offers a qualified Pathologists’ Assistants Master’s Program following the graduation date of the PA Master’s students. It will also be available on a yearly basis (with limited seatings) at:
- The Ontario Association of Pathologists’ Annual Meeting (mid-September and always Saturday)
- The Annual Residents’ Review Course (January and always Saturday)
- The CAP-ACP Pathologists’ Assistant Section Annual Meeting (June or July and always Saturday)
- The Banff Pathology Course (September and always Saturday)
- University of Calgary
- Graduating PA Students University
The exam will be made available at the Events & Management Plus Inc (EM+) office in Kingston, Ontario for a date that is agreed upon by the applicant and EM+.
All PA Section members that became members following the 2014 AGM must re-submit their application to the CCCPA-CCCAP to obtain certification. Those Members that passed the exam are not required to re-write the exam.
For more information, please see the CCCPA-CCCAP Document Library.
CCCPA Executive and Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer: Sarah James, PA CCCPA
- Chief Operating Officer: Amanda Chan, PA CCCPA
- Chief Financial Officer: Jason Karamchandani, MD FRCPC
- Director of Exam: vacant
- Director: Dr. Catherine Ross, MD FRCPC
- Director of Applicant Appeals & Recertification Committee: Ryan Healey, PA ASCPCM CCCPA
- Director of Initial Applications Review Committee: Sanowar Hossain, PA CCCPA
CCCPA Document Library:
- Annual Forms
- Statements, Policies & Bylaws
- Applicant Documents
- Certification FAQ
- Recertification Process
- Recertification FAQ
- Appeals Process
- Certified Pathologists' Assistants