- Promote the quality of resident training in Canada and provide a communication network for Canadian pathology residents.
- Represent pathology residents from all disciplines of laboratory medicine as a unified voice to the CAP-ACP Executive.
- Stimulate ongoing resident membership and participation in the CAP-ACP.
- Participate in the Annual Meeting by organizing the Residents’ Symposium and Dinner, encouraging resident attendance at workshops, and supporting resident presentations within the scientific program.
- Facilitate interaction and the exchange of information with similar associations and Sections with overlapping interests.
Members: Members of the CAP-ACP with an expressed interest in supporting matters pertaining to residents are eligible for membership in the Section.
- Resident Members of the CAP-ACP are now eligible for a discounted license to ExpertPath (over $200 off). Click here for more information.
Resident Symposium and Dinner (at the CAP-ACP Annual Meeting)
All pathology residents – whether Section members or not – are invited to attend. The program starts with a short business meeting (the Section AGM), followed by a symposium presentation from an invited speaker on a topic relevant to residents. The evening concludes with dinner in an informal setting and a chance to socialize with residents from across Canada.
CAP-ACP Annual Resident Review Course
This three day practical review course helps residents prepare for Royal College Specialty Examinations in Anatomical Pathology, General Pathology, and Hematopathology. The Resident Section Executive meets in conjunction with this course, and members who are present are welcome to attend.