Terms of reference for Scientific Advisory Committee for the CAP-ACP Resident Review Course
Purpose of the committee:
- To provide advice and support for ongoing improvement and maintenance of the CAP-ACP Resident Review Course.
- To provide a forum for ideas, feed-back, discussion and recommendations pertaining to issues arising in relation to the course.
Vision for the Course:
- To provide a high quality review course for senior residents in preparation for the Canadian Royal College Examinations in Anatomical and General pathology. This review would also be beneficial to practising pathologists (AP & GP) and pathologists assistants.
- To be financially sound,
- All speakers are to be recent Fellows, successful at the Canadian Royal College examination, or previous Royal College Examiners (per the Royal College AP Examination Chair, at least 2 years must have passed in order to avoid a conflict of interest).
- Speakers are to be recognized experts in their field. Each speakers commitment to the course: 3 years, assuming satisfactory attendee evaluations. Terms may be extended at the discretion of the advisory committee.
- Course Co-Directors (2)
- Course Co-Founders (Dr. Alexopoulou & Dr. Butany)
- Executive Director
- 1-3 anatomical pathology speakers
- 1 or 2 general pathology speakers
- CAP-ACP Secretary-Treasurer
- CAP-ACP President
Terms of Membership:
- Three years, with possible extension.
Responsibility of Members:
- All members – participation at meetings, action items as requested.
- Co-Chairs - Plan the course, agenda for meetings and review minutes/action items and other necessary details
- Association Executive Director – set meeting times, arrange teleconferences, record minutes, provide documents, review minutes with the Co-Chairs prior to distribution, distribute minutes. Follow up with any individuals to whom action items have been delegated.
- CAP-ACP Secretary-Treasurer – advise on financial issues as required.
- Meetings will be by teleconference.
- At least four meetings per year, at the discretion of the Chair.
-updated August 2015-