ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
Year Created: 1990
Chair: Dr. Victor Tron, Past-President (Toronto, ON)
Purpose: This Committee is responsible for the timely coordination and upgrading of the CAP-ACP Awards program as indicated in the Awards Manual.
- Immediate Past-President of the CAP-ACP (Chair) - Victor Tron
- Chair of the Annual Meetings Committee - Catherine Streutker
- Chair (or representative) of the Local Organizing Committee for the next Annual Meeting -
- Chair of the Resource Development Committee - Monalisa Sur
- Chair (or representative) of the Section of Advanced Diagnostics - George Yousef
- Members At Large - Bertha Garcia, Jefferson Terry, Jason Karamchandani
- Representative of the Archives Special Committee - Vacant
- President of the Canadian Association of Pathologists (ex officio) - Rosemary Henderson
Terms of Reference:
The Awards Committee, in consultation with the CAP-ACP Executive, Council, Annual Meetings Committee and the membership at large is responsible for recommending candidates for the various CAP-ACP awards.
- is responsible for ensuring that a protocol for each award is documented in the Awards Manual.
- will ensure that the protocol for each award is followed.
- will review the Awards Manual each year and recommend any changes to the CAP-ACP Executive. The Awards Manual, protocols and the annual budget for awards shall be approved by the Executive.
- may be asked to submit nominations for Awards to other Societies as requested.