CAP-ACP, others form Lab Med Alliance
Fri, 06 Jan 2012
The Canadian Alliance of Laboratory Medicine (CALM) was formed on 19 May 2011 at a meeting of the Laboratory Physicians National Specialty Societies with a mandate to cooperate on issues of mutual interest in laboratory medicine, including but not limited to quality assurance, resources and education; to create working groups to address particular issues; and to advocate for Laboratory Medicine.
Members of CALM include:
- Association of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease Canada
- Canadian Association of Medical Biochemists
- Canadian Association of Neuropathologists
- Canadian Association of Pathologists
- Canadian Society of Cytopathology
- Hematological Pathology Section of the Canadian Association of Pathologists
The inaugural chair of CALM is Dr. Laurette Geldenhuys from the Canadian Association of Pathologists.
Initially, each member society will fund its delegate to attend CALM meetings. It was agreed to invite the CEO of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada to attend the next face-to-face meeting of CALM, to discuss issues facing Laboratory Physicians.