Posting Date:Mon, 28 Sep 2020
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
LifeLabs BC is seeking a General or Clinical Pathologist to join our medical scientific staff. The practice covers all of BC with most of the work concentrated in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
We are specifically looking for a pathologist to provide medical and scientific leadership in the areas of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology at our Vancouver Island testing facility located in Victoria. Microbiology experience will be an asset. Occasional travel to other sites in BC may also be required.
This position will be available in October, 2020.
• Consult with physicians and other health care providers regarding appropriate selection and interpretation of laboratory tests for their patients.
• Interpret and report the results of hematology tests, including complete blood counts & peripheral blood smears, coagulation panels, hemoglobin electrophoresis and molecular tests for thalassemia.
• Interpret and report the results of selected chemistry tests, including protein electrophoresis, allergy testing, trace metals and toxicology.
• Provide leadership in the evaluation, implementation and support of new technologies.
• Act as an internal resource for medical scientific, technologist and support staff.
• Collaborate with medical, operational and regulatory affairs staff to support quality improvement and maintain accreditation standards.
• Work closely with external partners, such as health authorities and the BC Lab Agency, to ensure quality of service within the larger health landscape of BC.
• Participate in academic and/or administrative committees, where appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills:
• MD with certification in General Pathology from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons or certification in Clinical Pathology from the American Board of Pathology. Candidates with equivalent training and certification will be considered.
• Prior experience in a multidisciplinary laboratory is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Common sense approach to problem solving.
• Leadership skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
• Project management capabilities would be an asset.
Please send resume and cover letter to Tamsin.email@example.com
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Tamsin Holland
Contact Email: Tamsin.firstname.lastname@example.org