Posting Date:Tue, 19 Jan 2021
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: 4500 Oak Street
Lower Mainland Laboratories, $35.02 - $43.65/hr
Located at BC Children Hospital and Women’s Hospital & Health Centre, Vancouver, BC
What you’ll do
• Review patient charts for assigned autopsy cases and prepare a preliminary summary of clinical information. Notes special procedures or investigations to be performed and review autopsy consent with the Pathologist.
• Ensure completion of all pertinent documentation.
• Prepare for and perform post mortem prosection, including external examination, in place organ inspection, removal and dissection of organs, special procedures; record observations; and select tissue samples for further study.
• Review preliminary and final autopsy findings with the attending Pathologist; dictate reports, including observations, interpretations and correlation of clinical history and pathological findings as reviewed with the pathologist, for approval and signature of the responsible Pathologist.
• Direct the preservation and storage of autopsy / surgical pathology tissues for clinical, medical, legal, and research/education purposes as consented.
• Processes surgical pathology specimens, including prosection of placentas, selects tissue samples for histological examination, and may screen tissue slides for further processing and study, interprets findings and performs special procedures as indicated under the supervision of attending pathologist.
• Supervises and coordinates the work activities of morgue staff by organizing work assignments and advising staff on workflow processes. Provides orientation to new staff in autopsy procedures.
What you bring
• Bachelor of Science Degree with courses in Human Anatomy.
• Current certification with the Canadian Certification Council of Pathologists’ Assistants (CCCPA) and/or American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Registry (ASCP) certification.
• Three (3) years recent related experience in a clinical setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
• Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
• Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
• Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
• 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
• Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
$35.03 - $43.65/hr
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
Rotating Shifts: 7.5 hour shifts between 0700 - 1700, including on call
Requisition Number: 99533
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please click on the link below: https://jobs.phsa.ca/job/vancouver/pathologists-assistant-lower-mainland-laboratories/909/17735074
What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Kelly Hull
Contact Address: n/a
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: n/a
Contact Fax: n/a