Posting Date:Thu, 04 Feb 2021
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: University Health Network Laboratory Medicine Program 200 Elizabeth Street, 11th floor
Employer: University Health Network (UHN)
Position: Academic Genitourinary Pathologist
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Address: 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Eligible for pension, health insurance and life insurance. Eligible for benefits in accordance with the Hospital policy and Ministry of Health funding.
Salary: $303,000 to $313,000 annually, including Ministry of Health Laboratory Medicine Funding Framework Agreement (LMFFA) top-up
The University Health Network Laboratory Medicine Program and the University of Toronto are seeking a faculty member at the Assistant / Associate Professor / Full Professor level with diagnostic and academic expertise in the area of Genitourinary Pathology.
• Diagnose Diseases
• Order laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures
• Act as consultants to other physicians
• Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory sessions or discussion groups
• Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
• Conduct medical research
• Study the nature, cause and development of diseases in humans and the structural and functional changes caused by diseases
• Conduct microscopic and chemical analyses of laboratory samples and specimens
• Supervise laboratory activities
• Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
• May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
• Medical Degree is required
• Certification in Pathology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or its equivalent
• Eligibility for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
• The successful candidate will have a joint academic appointment in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto
• A strong track record in diagnosing Genitourinary Pathology expertise, including previous working experience as a genitourinary pathologist.
• 4 to 5 years of specialty Residency Training is required with an additional 1 to 2 years subspecialty fellowship training in Genitourinary Pathology.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Address: University Health Network Laboratory Medicine Program 200 Elizabeth Street, 11th floor
Contact Email: Ilan.Weinreb@uhn.ca
Contact Phone: 416340551