Posting Date:Mon, 12 Jul 2021
Date to Apply By: 29 Jul 2021
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: London Health Sciences Centre University Hospital, N6A 5A5
Job Title: Pathologists' Assistant - LLS Autopsy Services
Job ID: 78867
Location: London Health Sciences Centre
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Open: June 30, 2021
Deadline: July 29, 2021
OPSEU LABS FULL-TIME
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within this bargaining unit.
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine – LLS Autopsy Services
Applications are invited for a Pathologists’ Assistant position in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine– Autopsy Suite/Surgical Gross Room. Assignments within the Autopsy Suite include assisting with the performance of both hospital and medical-legal autopsies along with other supportive functions in the area. Assignments within the Surgical Gross Room include examining, describing, dissecting and sampling Surgical Gross Specimens along with other supportive functions in the area. All primary functions are performed under the direction of a pathologist.
Rate of Pay: $37.83 per hour - $46.89 per hour
• Bachelor of Science (Health Sciences / Biology related) or equivalent to the hospital
• Successful completion of a Masters level Pathologists Assistant degree program
• Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP)–Section of Pathologists Assistant or American Association of Pathology Assistants (AAPA) membership registration an asset
• Minimum 1 year related job experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of Anatomy
• Working knowledge of autopsy procedures, practices and equipment used in the Autopsy Suite
• Working knowledge of the handling, examination and processing of complex surgical specimens and the associated equipment
• Demonstrated computer literacy (MS Outlook, internet/intranet)
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail are essential
• Demonstrated ability working in a team environment with strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop and maintain effective relationships within healthcare teams
• Demonstrated strong problem solving skills
• Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage change in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
• Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step)
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Interested applicants should apply on https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/careers ,posting number 78867
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job: