Posting Date:Mon, 13 Sep 2021
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Posting #: 2021-883083
Position: Pathologist Assistant
Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours: Monday to Friday - days, 7.5 hour shifts, between 6:00am and 10:00am start times. Hours subject to change based on operational requirements*
Site: Oakville (Georgetown and Milton as required)
This is what you'll be doing:
• Grossing of all surgical specimens (simple and complex) independently or under the supervision of the Pathologist
• Assist the Pathologist with other routine activities
• Perform other related duties necessary for the proper functioning of the histology laboratory
• Telephone consultation during laboratory off hours (evenings and weekends)
• Perform daily maintenance on laboratory equipment
• Establish, apply and enforce policies and procedures in accordance with all institutional and laboratory regulatory agencies
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
• BSc (Honours) with certification from a recognized Pathologist Assistant training program and/or CMLTO certification for MLT (with training in Pathologist Assistantship) or Training in Pathology or Pathologist Assistantship or equivalent (e.g. MLA, degree in life sciences with pathology, autopsy exposure, M.D., etc)
• Will consider New Graduates
• 3 to 5 years experience working in a histology laboratory
• 3 to 5 years grossing experience
• Working knowledge of Cancer Care Ontario guidelines and synoptic reports
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required
• Excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills, including by telephone.
• Prior supervisory experience would be considered an asset
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
• Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process.
If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job: