Posting Date:Wed, 24 Nov 2021
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
City: Oakville (Georgetown and Milton as required)
Posting #: 2021-890281
Position: Senior Pathologists’ Assistant x4
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: Monday to Friday - Various 7.5 Hour shifts. Various day shifts as well as off hours as required
(Hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
Site: Oakville (Georgetown and Milton as required)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services
to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization,
we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community's growing and
aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate
care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and
spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare’s vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the
patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every
interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and
volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Triage, gross dissection and description of surgical specimens. Dictate and review draft reports of gross findings. Work in an environment where innovation thrives and that promotes professional accountability and responsibility and high quality work
- Be an integral part of the pathology team that works closely with the Pathologists to provide a high standard of patient care
- Liaison between Pathologists and Pathologists Assistants to ensure high quality standard of patient care.
- Duties will involve a vast array of specimen types. Halton Healthcare has a thriving surgical
- program that includes, Gynecologic, Urologic, Head and Neck and a large Breast & Colorectal Surgical Oncology program
- Participate in the ongoing development of processes and procedures to ensure best practice for grossing of all specimens.
- Opportunity to work with MLT students, medical students and other learners.
- Perform duties associated with preparation of surgical specimens for Pathologists including: gross description, dissection, dictation, and photography
- Provide strong subject expertise for medically delegated grossing procedures and technical services in anatomic Pathology
- Work flow analysis using LEAN principles and quality system management
This is what you’ll need to do it:
- Graduate of a recognized school of Medical Technology or completion of a recognized PathologybAssistants Training Program or a Medical degree
- High level background knowledge of anatomy and pathophysiology to perform gross dissection.
- Competent in the use of the LIS and other software and digital imaging hardware needed to dictate and report gross findings.
- University degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- CCCPA certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 year recent experience as a Pathologists’ Assistant dealing with complex oncology and surgical specimens and Autopsy is preferred
- Commitment to quality and patient safety through a team approach to laboratory work is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Candidates will be available for a variety of shifts
Salary: $43.03 - $53.33
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and
Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment
with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights
Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection
process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on
hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy
initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate
individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's
cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job: