Posting Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2023
Date to Apply By: 27 Jan 2023
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: 2100 Broad Street
The Saskatchewan Coroners Service in the Ministry of Justice and Attorney General is responsible for the investigation of all sudden, unexpected and unnatural deaths in order to improve the health, safety, and quality of life of the citizens of Saskatchewan.
The Coroners Service is seeking a permanent full time Forensic Pathologist located in Regina. The Forensic Pathologist will work independently in a hospital based pathology centre conducting between 200 and 250 examinations annually.
Reporting to the Chief Coroner, you will:
- Provide forensic expertise concerning death investigations; and
- Complete and document all postmortem examinations including autopsies, external examinations, obtaining toxicological specimens and liaising with coroners, police, lawyers and families to provide information, expert opinions and direction.
As our successful candidate, you will have:
- A medical degree from a recognized university;
- Eligibility to be licensed with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan;
- A specialty certification in anatomical or general pathology with formal training in Forensic Pathology; and
- A Certification in Forensic Pathology through a recognized national examination.
The knowledge, skills and abilities for this position will be obtained through the completion of a medical degree from a recognized university, supplemented with experience working as a Forensic Pathologist.
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to obtain the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification in Forensic Pathology within three years of appointment.
A valid Saskatchewan driver’s license is required since occasionally, some travel will be required.
What we offer:
The Saskatchewan Coroners Service offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, and diversity. In addition, the Saskatchewan public service offers several employment advantages such as:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave
- Flexible work arrangements We are committed to workplace diversity.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Staffing Coordinator
Contact Address: 2100 Broad Street
Contact Email: PSC.CareersAdvertising@gov.sk.ca
Contact Phone: 13063478739