Posting Date:Fri, 20 Jan 2023
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: 8255 Financial Dr
Location: Brampton, ON
As Canada’s biological lifeline, Canadian Blood Services (CBS) is an essential part of the country’s broader network of healthcare systems, and the only national manufacturer of biological products funded by Canada’s provincial and territorial governments. Together, with donors, recipients, employees, partners and volunteers, CBS is Canada’s lifeline, providing lifesaving products and services in transfusion and transplantation for Canadian patients, and safeguarding Canada's systems of life essentials in blood, plasma, stem cells, and organs and tissues.
The vision of CBS is to help every patient, to match every need, and to serve every Canadian.
The Medical Director, Laboratory Services (Medical Director) is responsible for the:
- Medical leadership of the National Immunohematology Reference Laboratory where they serve as the licensed Medical Director.
- Medical leadership of the donor testing laboratories (blood group serologic testing) and patient testing immunohematology laboratories, all of which may have licensed Medical Directors.
- Appropriate staffing, leadership, and the effective management of the physician staff, who are engaged primarily in laboratory support, and will ensure adherence to organizational processes and objectives.
The position plays a major role in supporting excellence and innovation in laboratory services at Canadian Blood Services to meet the needs of patients at the request of treating physicians.
As a member of the senior management team, the Medical Director works closely with the Director, Testing and the Associate Director, Microbiology to lead and influence the medical aspects of operational and reference laboratory services, as well as the operational staff in the laboratories.
Finally, the Medical Director is tasked with leading and influencing policy and strategy discussions related to laboratory services at Canadian Blood Services.
As the ideal candidate,
- You have, or are eligible to obtain, a license in good standing to practice medicine in Ontario along with a university appointment in Ontario.
- You have a minimum of five years’ experience and possess a speciality certification in Hematopathology, General Pathology or Hematology.
- You have also completed Transfusion Medicine training.
- You have excellent working experience in clinical and laboratory transfusion medicine and possess a comprehensive knowledge of immunohematology and quality systems.
You are known for your integrity, collaboration, adaptability, respect, and excellence in every situation and for your highly strategic and forward-thinking approach.
These attributes are complimented by your leadership skills and your ability to orchestrate complex change processes.
This is a multifaceted role, both medically and organizationally, and requires a physician leader who places a high value on innovation and developing highly collaborative relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in an effort to continue to advance the mission of the CBS. To apply for this exciting leadership position, please submit your application and related materials at boyden.thriveapp.ly/job/1822.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. Canadian Blood Services is committed to reflecting Canada’s population in its organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Kathy Rahme
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 613-749-9909