Posting Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Date to Apply By: 06 Jul 2018
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
Address: 200 Elizabeth Street, 11th floor
Title: Anatomical Pathologist (NOC 3111)
Terms of employment: Permanent, full time
Hours: 37.5 hours of work per week
Salary: CAD $119.23 per hour
Location of work: Toronto, ON
Benefits: Eligible for benefits in accordance with the Hospital policy and Ministry of Health funding.
Contact: Email Dr. Bayardo Perez-Ordonez, Head, Anatomic Pathology, University Health Network, Laboratory Medicine Program at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
University Health Network and Lakeridge Health have developed an innovative and progressive partnership in providing state-of-the-art laboratory medicine services.
University Health Network and Lakeridge Health are seeking an Anatomical Pathologist with expertise in head and neck and neoplastic thoracic/lung pathology.
• Diagnose diseases.
• Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
• Act as consultants to other physicians
• May conduct medical research
• Study the nature, cause and development of diseases in humans and the structural and functional changes caused by diseases
• Conduct microscopic and chemical analyses of laboratory samples and specimens
• Supervise laboratory activities
• Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
• May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
• MD degree is required
• Certification in Anatomical Pathology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or its equivalent
• Eligibility for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and CMPA (The Canadian Medical Protective Association) membership.
• The successful candidate will have a joint academic appointment in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.
• A strong track record in diagnostic Anatomical Pathology, and academic endeavors is considered an asset.
• Four to five years of specialty residency training are required, with an additional one to two years sub-specialty training in Pathology.
• Fellowship training in head and neck/thoracic pathology is required.
University Health Network is one of Canada's largest acute care teaching organizations with over 1000 beds and 7 priority programs in Advanced Medicine & Surgery, Oncology & Blood Disorders, Transplantation, Neural & Sensory Science, Heart & Circulation, Musculoskeletal Health & Arthritis, and Community & Population Health. It maintains a major commitment to excellence in healthcare delivery, research and teaching. University Health Network is a fully affiliated hospital of the University of Toronto.
The University of Toronto and University Health Network are strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
University Health Network is a major landmark in Canada's health care system, and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths and reputations of each of our three remarkable hospitals, the organization brings together the talent, resources, technology and skills that will make it an international leader in healthcare.
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Dr. Bayardo Perez-Ordonez
Contact Address: 200 Elizabeth Street, 11th floor Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Fax: (416) 340-5517