Posting Date:Wed, 29 Jul 2020
Date to Apply By: Until Filled
Estimated Start Date: To be Determined
The Department of Laboratory Medicine at Niagara Health seeks highly motivated, experienced laboratory physician with a passion for providing the highest quality of care to join the department. This is a general Pathology based Laboratory medicine program that supports the medical and surgical departments at various sites including the Walker Family Cancer Centre.
Niagara Health is one of the largest multi-site health care systems in Ontario serving 450,000 residents within the Regional Municipality of Niagara. With 700 beds, 4,500 employees, 640 physicians and a $500M budget, the NH provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services across five sites encompassing operations in Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Welland and St. Catharines.
The transformation of healthcare service delivery across Niagara continues with planning underway to build an additional ultramodern hospital in South Niagara Falls to provide accessible and quality healthcare to residents. Niagara Health is positioned, by virtue of its geography and regionally distributed resources, to exemplify the best of regional capacity with local service delivery.
- 12.5 Laboratory Physicians Positions with new recruit.
- The pathologists provide on-site laboratory medicine services at St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland Sites.
- Participate in on call rota on weekdays and regional rota for the weekends and holidays.
- Funded by hospital and MOH according to the LMFFA.
- Strong academic partnerships are a priority for Niagara Health as the organization builds robust relationships with McMaster University Michael De Groote School of Medicine and its regional campus in Niagara, as well as Brock University and Niagara College. We are interested in physicians who will pursue university academic appointment and participate in academic and research activities, and leadership opportunities.
- Independent license or eligible for independent license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- FRCPC - Certification in General Pathology is preferred but certification in Anatomical Pathology with subspecialty in Hematopathology will be considered.
- Candidate should have interest in providing forensic pathology services and will be required to be on OFPS roster.
- Eligible to work in Canada without restrictions.
- Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Send by email: A letter of interest, curriculum vitae and names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three referees to:
Phone: 905-378-4647 ext. 44224
On behalf of:
Dr. Johan Viljoen
Chief of Staff, EVP Medical
Dr. Satish Chawla
Chief of Laboratory
Please use the following contact information to apply for this job:
Contact Name: Dr. Johan Viljoen & Dr. Satish Chawla
Contact Address: Niagara Health
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 905-378-4647 ext. 44224